This recipe comes from a cookbook Grandma got for the girls at a local Amish store. These No Bakes are wonderfully easy to make and very tasty. Just the thing for a sweet summer snack.
Golden No Bake Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 TBL peanut butter
- 1 TSP vanilla
- 4 cups oatmeal
- Mix everything but the oatmeal together in a kettle.
- Bring to a rolling boil, stir constantly.
- Remove from heat and add oatmeal.
- Use a cookie dipper or spoon and drop on a sheet of wax paper.
- Let sit until they are hard enough to handle in one piece.
If it is really warm, you might want to put them in the fridge to harden.