These dog treats are a bit more chewy than the tuna fudge: good for doggy’s teeth! They also do not require freezing to keep. Lastly, they smell better. 🙂
Pumpkin and Peanut Butter Dog Treats
- 2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup canned pumpkin, possibly a bit more
- 2 Tbsp peanut butter
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350º F.
- Stir all ingredients together in a bowl. Shape into a dry and stiff dough; add water or more pumpkin as needed to make the dough workable. It depends on the kind of flour you are using and the size of your eggs if you dough needs additional moisture.
- Roll the dough into a 1/2 inch thick log.
- Cut unto 1/2 inch thick slices and place on an un-greased baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until they are hard, approximately 40 minutes.
- Store in a tightly closing container, like a mason jar or cookie tin.