Pasta casserole is always a hit.
- 1.5 lbs ground beef
- 2 qts pasta sauce (click if you need a recipe for the sauce)
- 16 oz pasta of your choice, e.g. penne, wide egg noodles, rotini or farfalle
- 1 Tbl butter
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 8 oz mild cheddar cheese, shredded
- Brown the beef until it is cooked through.
- Cook the pasta al dente, drain and return to the saucepan. Toss with butter and Parmesan cheese.
- Heat pasta sauce and add the ground beef. This basically makes Bolognese sauce.
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Layer the pasta and the sauce into a casserole dish: First 1/3 of the sauce, then half the pasta, then another third of sauce, then the rest of the pasta, then the rest of the sauce.
- Sprinkle with shredded cheese.
- Cover with lid and place in the oven. Bake for about half an hour or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Enjoy with a side dish of green beans, or try the cole slaw we suggested yesterday as it goes very well with this dish as well.